Declining health is a natural part of growing older. But if your loved one is struggling with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss, it can make their days more difficult. The first time your family member forgets your name or has trouble recalling an important memory can be alarming and leave you feeling a bit startled or confused.
However, experiencing memory loss doesn’t mean your loved one has to sacrifice their quality of life. While it can be difficult to think about, a Memory Care community — like an Eagle Senior Living community — is able to provide high-quality care while also helping your loved one live a more fulfilling lifestyle.
What Is a Memory Care Facility?
It’s common for a Memory Care facility to provide your loved one the quality care they need in a stimulating, safe environment. Memory Care is a specialized kind of care for individuals who are living with Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive impairments. The dedicated Memory Care team members at Eagle Senior Living communities will provide your loved one with a safe, secure environment where highly trained staff members can closely monitor their health around the clock.
As the type and frequency of care delivered to each resident is tailored to specific needs and preferences, personal service plans may also include other one-time, short-term, or ongoing services.
Part of evaluating any Memory Care facility is cost. In some cases, long-term care insurance plans may assist in paying for care, but the level of coverage can vary based on the details of the individual’s particular policy. Life insurance conversion benefits and certain veterans benefits may also provide coverage. We’d be happy to discuss your options with you.
7 Benefits of Memory Care
Here are just some of the many lifelong benefits your loved one can expect to receive when they become part of our Memory Care community.
- Independence. Your loved one will still be able to maintain a level of independence when they live at our Memory Care community. They’ll be able to participate in their favorite activities and hobbies, and our team members will be there to provide physical and emotional support as they need it.
- Specialized Services. Our Memory Care community offers unique services specifically designed for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia or memory loss. . These services provide additional support to your loved one.
- Engaging Opportunities. Memory Care residents are encouraged to live an enriched lifestyle with a calendar full of activities and events. By focusing on living actively in the present, residents and team members alike discover the power of a moment in time and the true fulfillment it can bring.
- Physical Safety. A common symptom of memory loss is wandering. In our Memory Care community, team members will ensure your loved one is in a secure, safe environment and prevent them from getting themselves in a dangerous situation, like wandering outside and becoming lost.
- Assistance with Medications and Mobility. If your loved one is living with a memory impairment, this may affect their ability to take their medications on time and correctly. When they become part of our Memory Care community, team members will assist them with medication management and provide them with reminders to take the medication on time.
- A Helping Hand: A nice benefit of your loved one living at our Memory Care community is that they’ll receive help with certain daily activities they may be struggling with. Team members can assist with things like dressing, cleaning, and preparing meals every day for your loved one.
- Individualized Care: Our dedicated Memory Care team members take the time to get to know each resident’s personal life story, strengths and experiences – helping them find a distinct sense of purpose in each new day. This person-centered philosophy makes our communities a close-knit family.
Experience Personalized Memory Care at Eagle Senior Living
At Eagle Senior Living, our thoughtfully designed Memory Care communities provide a safe and secure place for seniors living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss, enabling them to continue doing the things they love and make the most of each moment. We understand that no two cases of dementia or dementia care are the same. That’s why we provide your loved one with a personalized Memory Care plan based on their unique needs. We’ve been providing a safe, comfortable environment for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive impairments for over 18 years.
The following Memory Care services are provided at our Memory Care centers:
- Choice of private or shared residence
- Dining program with three nutritious meals and snacks planned by a registered dietitian
- On-site personnel 24/7
- Licensed nurse oversight
- Assistance with personal needs, including dressing, bathing and dining
- Access to our clinical team
- Medication management
- Consultation regarding your pharmacy needs
- Specialist intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Daily activities, events and outings
With honesty and empathy, we’re driven to support you wherever you are on your senior living journey. If you’re looking for compassionate care for your loved one, contact us today to discover more about Memory Care at Eagle Senior Living.