If you’re one of those people who worries about finding just the right holiday gifts for everyone on your list, you know how hard it can be. Even for people you know really well. To help, here’s a holiday gift guide for seniors, broken into areas of interest. So if you have someone who wants the latest and greatest technology, this post has some suggestions. Or maybe they like gardening or are a bookworm. Whatever you need, we have holiday gift ideas.
Holiday gift guide for the gardener.
- Smart Garden: This intelligent indoor garden yields fresh fruits and herbs in just three simple steps: plug in, insert pre-seeded plant capsules, and add water once a month. The NASA-inspired soil delivers plant-specific amounts of oxygen, nutrients and water. An energy-efficient LED system gives your garden an exact dose of direct light. The biodegradable capsules contain no pesticides, hormones or harmful chemicals.
- Adaptive garden tools: Specially made tools can help a loved one with arthritis enjoy gardening while reducing the risk of pain or injury. Plenty of sites — like Radius — offer tools with enhanced grips or lengthened handles, to help relieve strain on achy joints.
- Folding Garden Kneeler and Seat: This two-in-one unit can be used as a garden chair to make it easy to work on the lower part of shrubs or taller stemmed flowers. Or flip it over and use it as a kneeling pad.
- Garden Kneeling Pad: The 2.36″ thick high-density foam is shock-absorbing. The unfolded size is a very large 22″ x 13.4″ and 2.36″ high. Or leave it folded and increase the height to 4.72″.
Holiday gift guide for the tech-savvy.
- Tile Mate Tracker: Everyone misplaces their keys once in a while. The Tile Mate finds them. Its app is easy to use, and the tile itself is small, with a practical design. Simply attach it to a keychain or anything else that’s prone to getting lost.
- Kasa Smart in-wall Outlets: Your loved one can control 2 plugged-in devices from anywhere at the same time or individually with just a smartphone and the Kasa Smart app.
- LastPass: Keeping track of passwords can be difficult; with LastPass, there’s only one master password to remember. Available for smartphones, tablets and PCs.
- Nix Advance Digital Photo Frame: Upload photos and videos from a USB stick or SD card to this Mac- and PC-compatible digital photo frame. It also has a speaker for videos.
- Arlo Video Doorbell: This video doorbell, which works with Amazon’s Alexa, offers HD video quality, 2-way audio, motion detection and alerts, night vision and has a built-in siren.
- Ring Video Doorbell: Perfect for helping your family member detect when someone approaches their door, and see who’s there without leaving their seat — even when they’re not at home – via the Ring smartphone app.
- eufy by Anker: Quiet, self-charging robotic vacuum that cleans all types of floors from hardwood and tile to medium-pile carpets.
- Fire HD 10: Enjoy millions of movies, TV episodes, games, apps, eBooks, songs, apps, games and Audible titles on this tablet-sized device.
- Apple Watch: It incorporates fitness tracking, health-oriented capabilities, and wireless telecommunication, and integrates with other Apple products and services.
Holiday gift guide for out-of-town relatives.
- Skylight Frame: This digital frame lets you send your loved one all the latest family photos from anywhere.
- Long-Distance Friendship Lamp: With these in-sync lamps, just reach out and touch the lamp, and its mate emits the same ambient glow. Perfect for whenever they want to let your loved one know you’re thinking of them.
- Long-Distance Mug: These personalizable mugs let your loved one know that no matter how far away they are, they’re always in your heart.
Holiday gift guide for the fitness buff.
- Fitbit Charge 3: Among its many features is 24/7 heart rate monitoring, automatic step counting, real-time pace and distance measuring, and sleep tracking.
- Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band: With a battery that lasts a whole year without need for recharging, this tracks stats and metrics such as steps taken, calories burned, distance covered and sleep quality.
Holiday gift guide for the chef.
- Lao Gan Ma Chili Crisp Sauce: This spicy chile crisp sauce is balanced like sriracha, only with more crunch and oomph, making it the perfect condiment to put on anything and make it delicious.
- Ambrosia Lazy Susan: Setting this marbled concrete lazy Susan in the center of your loved one’s table makes it easy to pass the salt.
- Flour Shop Mini Spatulas, Set of 8: These cheery rubber spatulas are ideal for everything from scraping out containers to cleaning the blender.
Holiday gift guide for the book lover.
- Book of the Month Club: This subscription service delivers a new release right to your book-loving family member’s doorstep each month.
- Customized Library Stamp: This self-inking stamp is an easy way for your family member to mark the books in their personal library.
- Knock Knock Personal Library Kit: This personal library kit makes for a fun, practical way to ensure the books your loved one lends out are returned.
- Personal Embosser with Stand: This embosser allows your family member to mark all their books before lending them out.
- Handmade Leather Bookmark: Handmade leather bookmark is stamped with the quote: “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.”
- Book Page Holder: This nifty book page holder always remembers where your loved one left off.
- Bookmark Book Light: Acts as both a bookmark and a reading light with three adjustable brightness levels.
- Miniature Book Locket Necklace: This delicate keepsake for the book-lover in your life.
- Miniature Chocolate Books: These chocolate books make the perfect treat while your loved one enjoys their favorite book.
- Novel Teas: Each bag of English Breakfast Tea in this 25-pack box comes tagged with a famous literary quote.
- Out of Print Library Card Mug: A cozy mug inspired by a vintage library card.
- Library Date Due Necktie: This silkscreened necktie looks like an old-school library book card.
- Giraffe Family Bookends: Add a whimsical, family-oriented bookend to your loved one’s home library.
- Writer Playing Cards: For the card-playing book lover, this deck features illustrated portraits of some of literature’s biggest names.
- Just One More Chapter Throw Pillow Case: A comfy literary piece of home décor to add to your book lover’s favorite reading nook.
- Library Card Ornaments: Make a book-ish addition to your loved one’s tree with these vintage library card ornaments.
The gift of senior living.
Hopefully this holiday gift guide for seniors will make it easier for you to find your loved one just the right holiday present. If the time comes to help them explore their senior living choices, it’s easy to search for an Eagle Senior Living community near you using our community locator. Or you can call us at 734-418-9027.